RANDOM HAPPENINGS

Motocross and Beyond

But this time it wasn't my fault.


So, I went to Regionals a couple weeks ago...I was doing pretty good. I had taken 10 and 11 for 10th overall on Saturday. That is good enough for the last alternate position (top 6 are automatically qualified and top 10 can send in as an alternate). I was feeling pretty good about it, cause regionals are full of really fast people from all over the nation trying to get into Loretta Lynn's.


They had a band there Saturday night. The music was alright, cause it was mostly covers, and they had to keep it kid friendly, you know, since it was the youth regional. I had a lot of fun watching though, cause Steve had come to watch me race, and he's always entertaining haha. I missed most of the music actually, cause he kept making me laugh. He left when the band finished and after my dad gave him directions to get home since his normal route had a detour.


I was pretty excited for the race Sunday morning. I had slept a lot better, so I was feeling good. Practice was a mess, because it had rained overnight and the faces of the jumps were pretty slick. I almost crashed a couple times, cause I came off the jumps sideways. The track looked like it was going to be sweet for the 3rd and final moto though, so I was stoked. I got out of the gate for the start faster than I had all weekend (in about 4th place) I was in 8th trying to get 7th back, and I was almost there when a girl who had crashed herself out of any chance for qualifying hit me coming out of a corner. It figures her bike stayed running so she got going again soon as she picked her bike up and out of the front end of mine. I had to wait til she got hers untangled before I could try to start mine and eventually bump start it down the hill. I found out my break was bent up, and it ended up taking me down on the back section of the track, cause my foot hit that instead of the foot peg in a corner. I ended up taking 22nd that moto, so I finished 13th overall. It was really disappointing, cause I was running really well, but there was nothing I could do.


My 21st birthday was last weekend. I think me and Steve were the only two people there that weren't drunk. My neighbor threw me a party (since a 21st birthday is a good excuse to have a kegger I guess haha). I like people watching though, and drunk people are interesting. They tend to be honest and speak there mind. I think that the buffers between what they think and what they say completely dissappears. Plus, my cousin was there, and he was trying to pick up girls that are way older than him. It was hilarious. He was the life of the party for most of the night actually, cause he was wandering around and was never quiet. haha.


The only down side to my party was that somebody knicked my ipod off the table. If you know me you would have some idea of how traumatizing that experience truly was. I totally upset at like 3am when I figured out that it was missing. Steve was really comforting, cause he's amazing for things like that, but what really helped was my drunk cousin haha. "Its just ipod. It's just ipod," was nearly all I heard for the next half hour or so. We had to save my sister's friend from drunk guys a couple times...then, we went to bed and Steve went home.


My cousin's wedding is this weekend coming up, so me and my $3 dress (amazing I know it was supposed to be $50) are going to go have soem good times. Can you say open bar? cause I can. Haha, just kidding I'm not really that big on drinking, but it is a little bonus.


-J

2 comments:

can you say can you say? haha I say that all that time. true freakin story.
and I speak my mind if Im sober ;P

anyways, you and your $3 dress are going to at least help me with the whole open bar thing! haha. actually I wasnt planning on drinking a whole lot. just enough to feel comfortable in my own skin.
Xk

Yeah those weekends where awesome. We should make a movie on or lifes because we are cool like that lol

Post a Comment

Lijit Search

About this Blog

This is my life. Motocross battles, local shows, books, drawing, and anything else that catches my attention.

Followers