RANDOM HAPPENINGS

Motocross and Beyond

So...Aztalan is this weekend. Hopefully I can redeem myself this month.
I got to ride a little more, so I don't feel sooo out of shape, and I feel like I'm getting back into riding at full speed.
Started training for my new job this past Wednesday!!! Zip Line training. The only tough part was the written test, cause the instructor was horrible and we didn't even do a read through of the manual like you would anywhere else or at least the highlights...we just went over the answers as a group and everyone read the answers they found so fast I'm not sure I got them all....I can't learn that way anyway. Not with testing things. I can learn songs really quick, but for some reason I just can't pick up information like that. Probably cause I have a hard time paying attention to it. I don't even know if I passed the test honestly. It's worrying me a little, cause if I didn't pass it I can't run the zip line. Plus, if I didn't pass I know that most of the group didn't pass, cause it's not like I'm working with a group of geniuses or anything. Not good.
Aztalan changed the track...

It's pretty sweet, but I don't think anyone on a 250f is going to be able to do the first triple in the freeway section. It's pretty big (like 94 ft or so across) and you have to come out of this hole and go straight up a hill to do it. It's pretty tough. The double isn't hard though and the second one is about the same size, but you get a better run at it.


There are a few people complaining about it which is completely rediculous, because this section is way safer than it ever has been. Most of the complaints are because in order to build the track as it is they had to take down a few trees, but in all honesty those trees should've been cut down a long time ago, because they made it difficult for the flaggers to see. Plus, they did everything they possibly could to save the trees before they cut them down. Trimm
ing cut them down one at a time to try to spare as many as they could...I think we should just plant new ones around the short
track area and stuff so that there is some shade over there. That would make everyone happy, and they wouldn't be causing any danger to the riders there. Actually, if we had the money to do it we should start planting trees and bushes along the fence near the highway I think. It would make it better for camping cause it would black some of the noise, and it would make the club look nicer, cause you wouldn't have to stare at the highway all the time.

Personally, I'm just glad that they replaced the section they had there before, cause that one was awful. In fact, I don't think it would've mattered what they put in there...it still would've been better than it was. Argh, five sketchy, uneven, peaky doubles in a row...it was horrid, so yeah I'm happy now!
Oh! I forgot to mention what I did at Aztalan...I got to run the Kabota tractor running woodchips over to the new corner. That was pretty fun, cause it's like a mix of running a lawn mower and playing with tonka toys like when I was little. Yes, I played with tractors. I had boys for cousins, and was at their houses frequently, haha. Anyway, it was pretty easy, and I'd never done that before so t was exciting. I went up there again on Tuesday, and I was bored, cause I didn't feel well so I wasn't really in the mood to ride. There wasn't really anybody to ride with either, and I don't really like riding alone. So...I decided to build a rock wall around the entrance to one of the tunnels that cut under the track. I'm not gonna lie, it looks pretty awesome. Actually it looks like it belongs there and has been there forever. I still need to finish the other side, but I was pretty proud of myself, cause besides my dad poking at it when it was finished...I built the whole thing myself. The coolest part about it I think is that I know that wall is going to be there for a long time...and I know that nobody else can claim that they did it so it's like I put a little piece of myself into that track. I don't know why, but that makes me feel good about it, and it makes me want to do more projects to make that place look nice. We have rocks everywhere. The place is known for them, so I figure if I can make that place nice using the rocks that are there and not spending any money to do it. I'm gonna at least try to make that place look as nice as I can. I'm there all the time anyway.
If I don't see ya at the races I'll be here to talk at you soon.

-J

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lijit Search

About this Blog

This is my life. Motocross battles, local shows, books, drawing, and anything else that catches my attention.

Followers