RANDOM HAPPENINGS

Motocross and Beyond

So, I raced at Aztalan...and I was totally and completely disappointed in myself. That's what I get for not riding all month (which wasn't my fault exactly...I had places I could've gone, but I don't really feel like complaining so I won't get into that right now). Anyway, I got beat by two girls that literally should have no chance against me cause I got tired. I'm not just saying that or being cocky either. They should have been miles behind me and I should've run away with the win, but I didn't. I'm over it now, but the real issue is that everytime one of those girls beats me for whatever reason (I mean my bike could've exploded into a ball of molten metal and flames for all they care) they act all cocky and won't talk to me, or if they do talk to me they are all condescending and acting like I should be grateful that they are stepping down to a level where they can even see the filth beneath their feet (aka me). It's rediculous. I hate girls. They're obnoxious and all about drama. I would much rather hang out with guys any day, because they are way simpler to deal with, either they like you or they don't; and they're either angry or they're not. Plus, you know...I'm only human and some of them are ok to look at sometimes. I have a boyfriend now though so that's not really a reason to hang out with boys anymore, cause I'm really, really happy with what I have. :D

Ok, so enough hating on my sex, and onto something a little happier...I got a job! Finally!!!! It's just going be like minimum wage or a little more than that, but it's a job and more than I'm making now ($0 an hour aka unemployed). So excited. So relieved. I'm probably going to be running a zip line. Putting harnesses on people and probably cashiering sometimes and doing other things. It should at least keep me busy, so that's a plus, cause I've been really bored most days. Waiting for Steve to call me when he's off work, and trying to figure out whether or not I'm going to get to see him that day or not.

Oh! I finally went to Borders and used the gift card that Steve gave me for my birthday along with the service manual to my dirtbike. I got two brand new books that I get to read. I got the 3rd book in a series that I'm working on slowly. The Novels of the Nightside. It's called Nightingale's Lament and it's written by Simon R. Green. If you liked the movie Sin City you would probably like this series. It's pretty twisted and dark. It's about a detective in the Nightside which is a secret part of London where it's always 3am and humans, inhuman creatures, gods, and demons all exist together. I really like it, and they are pretty fast reads of only about 250 pages a piece, and all of them are full of action and wit.

The other book I haven't started yet. It's Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, and I'll give you an update on the book when i have started it. I did enjoy a couple of other books by the same author so that was the reason for choosing Neverwhere. I've read Good Omens (written with Terry Pratchett, a comedy about the end of the world aka amazing and one of my fav books ever), Anansi Boys (a book about a man whose father is a god and he doesn't know that until his father dies and then his brother, Spider, shows up and the adventure really begins (this book was crazy cause I couldn't begin to predict what was going to happen through the whole thing. I loved it)), and Smoke and Mirrors (a collection of short stories that are anywhere from totally creepy to one's that you'll think about for days afterward wondering of they could really happen to anything inbetween). Neil Gaiman hasn't failed to impress me with his writing yet, so I'm looking forward to reading the next one.

-J

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lijit Search

About this Blog

This is my life. Motocross battles, local shows, books, drawing, and anything else that catches my attention.

Followers